Writing for Word Sprints

If you've never participated in a group writing sprint, you should do so at least once. I follow Elzevera Koenderink of Willow Editing on Instagram. (Go follow her!) She hosted one this past Saturday. The challenge for me was that it took place while my husband and I were on a overnight jaunt to Baton Rouge. It meant I had to actually participate after the fact since she's in a different time zone on the other side of the planet. That's alright, though. I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. Since this was meant to encourage and help writers get their words down on paper, I still count it as a win. I participated less to get the shout-out than to actually get started on my first short story with a plan to send it out to magazines. Here's hoping! How awesome would it be to finally get paid for doing something I love?
I ended up with two solid chapters for the short story. When I started, my plan was vague. Now I have a stronger feel for the plot line and I'm looking forward to filling in the blanks. :)

Caption 1: All stories start with a blank page, I guess. I have to be honest, thought. I didn't write anything of substance in these while we were out.
Caption 2: This is the view from our hotel. I didn't even edit the photo. The day started out cloudy, but we didn't get any rain until later.

Comments

Popular Posts