Exciting News! Learning About Marketing & Finding Humor in Odd Places

I've started putting out some merch at Zazzle. If you like what I've been doing here, or you've enjoyed reading my book & story on Wattpad, then please go check out my Zazzle store. You can also click on the photo below. Your purchase will help me pay for things I need pros to do and you'll have some nifty swag to show your support. I have three items out right now but I'll be adding more today and next week. You can see two items in the sidebar. I hope you'll stop by soon. Thanks in advance!

I spent the better part of yesterday blogging and making a quiz on Quotev. You don't really think about all the time it takes to do these "little" things until you're actually doing them. Then, poof! The day is suddenly gone. My oldest daughter has been encouraging me to create a quiz related to "Ripples" and I finally decided to do it. I love taking personality quizzes and answering trivia questions. When more people have read my book or when I have more than one book published, I'll create a trivia quiz or two. Until then, I'll just keep doing personality quizzes. It's all in fun anyway.

So, yes, I created a quiz related to Ripples on Quotev. It's a site for (mostly young) people to share their love for books, movies, TV series, characters, and more by creating quizzes, fanfics and fan art. But it's also a place to find some indie work. My daughters have used the site to take multiple quizzes from Greek mythology to Harry Potter. I have to say I enjoy a good quiz, myself. I'll warn you, though. If you take other quizzes or read any of the fanfic stories, be prepared for hideous grammar and spelling faux pas when you least expect it. I tried to avoid as much of that as possible. I'm always short on time, though. Or at least, it feels that way. Click to go to my quiz. If you take the quiz, please post your result in the comments! I'd love to hear from you. :)

A Huh-What Moment

I was editing my bio here on the website yesterday and I know how to spell "whole-heartedly." <.< Or at least, I thought I did. It's actually not hyphenated. XD Much to my surprise there are a long list of words to add to the Hall of Ridiculosity that's buried somewhere in my head. Read on to see the craziness and hear about my favorite places to read.

There are a lot of those "huh-what?" moments in my life. Maybe I should share more of them. I would like to take this moment to say, if you or a loved one has ever used any of the words on this list of non-options, you all need to stop. Right now. Just saying... Why? Well because:
  1. Whole-heatedly - An obvious typo someone added to the dictionary when they were over-worked and probably seeing double. The coffee pot must have been emptied long ago by this point.
  2. Whole-hardheartedly - A hardhearted person usually puts their all into being hardhearted. Adding 'whole' to the beginning doesn't really add any emphasis at all.
  3. Whole-halfheartedly - Um...no. You can have a whole half of a pie but please do not write it out this way. There is no such thing and it will confuse readers like me. So please. I'm begging you. Please! Don't use this sad grouping of letters and symbols. I was so distracted, in fact, that I think I forgot to correct it. I'll have to go check my bio again.
  4. Whole-downheartedly - See number 2.
  5. Whole-kindheartedly - See number 3.
I am sometimes blown away by the words and pseudo-words I see floating around. No wonder English Language students have such a hard time learning our language. How can they when we keep throwing this nonsense at them? I think classical Latin is more straightforward than English...sheesh!


Comments

Popular Posts