NaNoWriMo is Here!

It's time for National Novel Writing Month once again. I'm a few words short of where I should be. My great-aunt passed away and spending time with family was more important than yesterday's word goal. Besides, I can easily make up the loss later today or tomorrow.

If you are following along with my updates to "Ripples", my first novel, I must apologize to you. I managed to get 19 chapters posted on Wattpad before NaNo began. I won't be posting any more chapters until December. I hope you are enjoying the story enough to wait out the long break with dogged determination. I won't hate you if you don't, though. I might be hard-pressed to return to a story I was forced to take a break from. Many a hard-copy book sits, gathering dust on my bookshelves, housing forgotten bookmarks. But still I must apologize and ask you to stick with me. If you haven't had a chance to read my work yet, you can click on the link to 'Ripples' at Wattpad. It's below my NaNo participation announcement.

In other news, there was no news on November 1st. No newsletter, that is! I thought of it on October 29th. If I'm ever able to afford the hire, a personal assistant would be an excellent addition -- nay! a veritable necessity -- to my writing life. I'm far too scatterbrained. I've tried bullet journaling (which is lots of fun!) but my last entry is two months ago. I've tried using online calendars that remind me of things but I almost always note them and move immediately to the more pertinent activity. This leads to forgetting the thing entirely. I'm so glad to know this is not particular to me, that I'm not the only one who suffers from such a terrible malady. So to conclude this paragraph, please look forward to a newsletter on December 1st. I'll be able to introduce my new book then and give you an idea of what it's about. I can tell you now, though, it will be a tale of Y'Dahnndrya set in a different clan.

I think that's all for now. I'll try to keep you posted on my NaNo progress all through November. I thank you in advance for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers as I juggle word goals, social events, and life in general.


Comments

Popular Posts