Navigating Through the Roadblocks of my Own Mind



Oh, the pain of writer's block! Sometimes it's not about the words, but more about the circumstances surrounding me. The words are still there, but my spirit is so scattered. There are tons of things I need to do and those aren't getting done, either. I see the nasty patterns and habits which roll around as sure as the tides and still can't avoid them entirely. Lately, I've been feeling like the burned out car stuck in the grass in the photo above. But I want to be the guy with the backpack, standing on his two legs, looking ahead to his goal, perched on the edge of success. Then I want to be that guy walking - running - toward my goal with dogged determination.

Today I'm determined to accomplish something positive with my writing. I worked on chapter fourteen's revision and it's posted at Wattpad. I'll also be working on some more Nano Prep. I've been doing a bit of world building and I need to start working on the character bios. I have a basic outline started, too, that I'd like to finish soon. The work continues, though it sometimes comes in fits and starts.

How do you defeat the enemies which try to distract you from your purpose? I'd love to hear from you.


Comments

Popular Posts