Author Journey: March 22, 2024 - Well, What a Busy Week!

 Welcome to the scenic route! I hope you had a great week and that your weekend is starting well. If not, don't worry. Tough times don't last forever, even when it seems like it.


Author Journey: What's Been Happening?

To be honest, not as much work was done as I'd hoped in my writing. What I have been working on is getting ready mentally for Camp Nano and making sure my binders are sorted. I'm also working (somewhat spottedly, I admit) on cover art for the books I haven't gotten to final edits yet. That's been a trip, let me tell ya! 

Despite my mother's health improving, my schedule is still not back up to where I want it. I guess I stressed more about my mom's health (and not showing that I was stressing to my parents to help them stress less) and didn't realize it. I'm still exhausted mentally. That being said, my husband and I celebrate 30 (or is it 31?) years together this year. He planned a little getaway for us around that time and I'm so looking forward to the quiet. At least, I hope it's quiet. 

While we're there, I'll take my writing with me and try to focus on refining what I've already written. Not cover art ideas. Not new story ideas. Just what I've already written. 

I guess we'll see if my brain will comply... 


Writer's Life: What a Busy Week! 

Monday was grocery day. We probably spent a couple hours in the town closest to us trying to get all the stuff we'd need for the week. I hate grocery day because by the time I get home, whether it took an hour or half the day, I'm still exhausted and not wanting to do much else. But Monday is also a laundry day. And this particular Monday was the day we were to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday. So...busy...yeah. 

Life has kept us hopping this week. Tuesday, our granddaughter had her last track meet of the year. We went out to support that. We came back with smiles, stuffy noses, and irritated throats from the cold, damp air. Me, being the brilliant soul that I am, brought my warm coat and hat. Me, being the #allofthedumb, left them in the car because it wasn't too cold at first. Now I will say I'm not as bad off as my husband, probably because my diet is so much more restricted and I'm an elderberry-loving fiend. 

Wednesday, the son of one of my husband's military friends got married. Though a small event, and somewhat last minute, it was nice to see the venue filled with people who wished them well. What surprised me was the lack of gifts on the gift table. It felt both awkward and somewhat satisfying to know we were able to fill a spot on that table with a little something for the newlyweds. 

Thursday is usually a group Bible study day. While we didn't have it yesterday, we still went out of the house to get some other things done. Did I accomplish anything I'd hoped to accomplish? Other than to find the things that weren't really going to work? Nah. I did at least get a wonderful cup of jasmine petal tea from the cafe I went to. 

Today is blog-and-prep-for-polls-day. I wish I had more faith in our voting system. I sometimes wonder if it does any good to vote when they mess with the count anyway. (And probably have been doing so for decades, just saying...) Still, my actions are between me and God and I want to do my best with what's available to me. I can at least let people know who I want in those governmental chairs, even if they ignore what I say. <sigh> So with that, I'll encourage you to get out and vote. No vote, means you're OK with whoever is put in that position, yanno?

Spartacus is doing well. I post about him periodically on my facebook and instagram pages. Not quite as much on Twit X... Still, if you follow me on those sites, you could see a random cat photo or video. I'd have posted one today, but I just haven't had time to even remember there were media bits of him on my phone which I could put in today's post, much less get to the editing part of that work. 

Maybe, hopefully, next week's post will be a little better. 


Thanks for sticking with me on this crazy roller-coaster-ride called life. I hope you'll visit again next weekend. My plan is to have another post ready for you on Friday. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts