Author Journey: February 16, 2024 - So Much To Do!

 Welcome to the scenic route! I've got tons to share with you today. Spartacus even worked hard to make a video for you, so I hope it'll load. If not, you may just get a picture. Still... Let me get to all the good stuff.


Author Journey: So Much To Do!

Yep. I'm now swamped with stuff to do. It's amazing how getting invited back to a school to read can motivate a person. And then I realized, shouldn't I always be motivated? As a child of the Most High God, shouldn't I always want to do my work 'as unto the Lord'? For His glory alone? And the answer is and must be a resounding yes. I think I've been looking at this 'through a mirror darkly', as the Apostle Paul would say. 

So going forward, I ordered business cards for the first time in probably five years. Now that I've finally settled into a website and my YouTube and Blogger accounts are set as well as can be for now, the cards have been finalized. I should have them next week and can't wait to see how they came out. I used a different company than previously, so I'm kind of nervous. 

Scheduling things has been interesting. I bought a simple booklet from a local store and have been using it to track my water intake, as well as make to-do lists. It's been a good thing. There's a ton of items on my list today, but I won't get to most of them. For some strange and unusual reason, a problem cropped up. Sometimes I ask myself 'why me' but then I remember 'why not me'. I'm no different than any other human on the planet. So I have to deal with that before I can do the other stuff that needs doing. 

I'm working hard on the costume I'm making for the Read Across America celebration. I decided to create a bead merchant's costume since I have all I need for the props for such a costume. Y'all! I'm so excited about that. And while it'll be different to sew suede-cloth (it's got the feel of suede, and the weight of it, but it's much more affordable) I think this costume is going to be a winner. I can't wait to share pics with y'all!

Physical books are looking more and more like a possibility now. I did check out Ingramspark to see what their specs are and I think they'll do well enough for my printing company. All that remains is to read the fine print and sign their forms before I can start working on the cover art adjustments and get things uploaded. I'd like to have that at least started in the works in two weeks. It would be nice to let the young ones know they'll be able to get a physical book at some foreseeable future date.


Writer's Life: What In the World?

Oh, my goodness, y'all! We went to Waffle House for Valentine's Day. It's in a nearby town that isn't as busy as the town where the other restaurants I can eat at are. Yep. Sentence, I can. sigh In any case, they had to deal with this really feisty lady who was trying to get free food. I mean she was really fighting for it. And when I say I can understand being hungry enough to want to do that, I really can. There've been times we were that skimpy on both food and funds. But there's really no call to make everyone else in a restaurant miserable on a special occasion kind of day just because you wanted a free meal. 

I have to say they handled it well. Called the manager as the woman requested. Didn't call the cops like they could've. I really felt bad for the workers because they'd been really hopping all day long. 

The cook had been there for more than 12 hours. We've struck up a speaking friendship with the guy over time. He always cooks my food to my special request. That day, I didn't make any other specifications that what was needed for my dietary restrictions. The ornery lady had them so riled, he messed my order up. When I reordered, I simplified the meal so it wouldn't add to the anxiety. And when we paid, we tipped our waitress very well and also tipped the cook. 

After it was all over, I told the cook he'd have an interesting story to tell. Then I corrected myself and told him, "As my girls would say, you got some tea to share." But I should've said 'spill'... Honestly that lady had me all full of anxiety. I was thinking they really were going to call the cops because she was so loud and obnoxious. Ugh...confrontation...

Kitty Korner: Wat Liet Thru Dat Windo Brake?

Spartacus has a friend. We call him the white bug and he flies all over the house when the sun shines through the windows just the right way. It's great way for him to get exercise, so we don't discourage the white bug from having a little fun. 

Yesterday, our oldest daughter was watching a video on her phone and the light hit it just right so the white bug landed on one of our couch pillows. This was the result. And just so y'all know, he's super cute while he's doing this, but I'd hate to be on the recieving end of that hard smack that he puts all his fifteen pounds into. I'm using Apple Clips app now.  


My oldest said, "He's expecting it to dart away like it usually does." And yep, that's exactly what's going on here. Poor guy! It's so much #orangecatenergy he can't even. XD


Just Keep Writing: One Word Prompt

Also seen in the video above is the stack of fabric that will become my Shinnoahn Bead & Bauble Merchant. Bauble is a great word, don't you think? Why not use that as a word prompt for writing or creating today? I've linked it to an online dictionary to help. Let me know what you come up with if you accept the challenge. 


I'm so happy I was able to share a video with you again. And it was great to be able to update you with some positive progress and awesome goals dealing with this author's journey. 

I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Did you find it helpful, useful, or encouraging? Let me know in the comments below. And I hope you'll visit again next Friday to see how things are going. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts