Book Notes: July 19, 2023 - Clean, Contemporary Romance

 Welcome! It's another scorcher on the scenic route today. I hope you brought your sunscreen and a couple gallons of electrolyte water. Whew! I've got a couple of book reviews to share with you today. And if you're a creative person, there's a three word prompt following the reviews. You can use it to jumpstart a new project or chapter in your current one. Let's get to it!

Book Review: Fire (Spiritual Warfare #3) by Linda K. Rodante

FIRE (Spiritual Warfare #3)FIRE by Linda K. Rodante
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! What a Story!

This book picks up three years after the previous one. It's just as power-packed, but I think it kept me more on the edge of my seat than the last one. I love the way the characters interact with each other. I could root for them and hope they would do the right thing. I've known too many people like Dennis (and have been like him at times, myself) and not enough people like Ms. Eleanor, who reminds me of my grandma. I ended up in tears during the last chapter. I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for a suspense romance that's more suspense than romance. I'd also recommend it to those looking for good, solid inspirational fiction.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Remember Home (Healing Hearts, #1) by Ginny Sterling

Remember Home (Healing Hearts, #1)Remember Home by Ginny Sterling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweet, Cozy Romance

If you like a raw, gritty kind of contemporary, military romance, skip this. But if you are looking for a book that's sweet, clean, and has some inspirational elements in it, then this might be a winner for you. It's unique in the way the characters meet, as are their personalities. I liked John's integrity and determination. And I liked Lily's gentleness and humility. I will say some of the plot was predictable and unbelievable, but since I enjoy reading whimsical stories at times, that didn't bother me. I'd read this one again and look forward to the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (i.e. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


What do you think of this set? Are any ideas coming to you? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.


I'm sorry today's post is even later than yesterday's. I changed up my morning routine and didn't change it enough. You live. You learn! Hopefully, I'll have it all figured out tomorrow. 

I'm glad you spent a little time on the scenic route today. Did you find a new book to add to your TBR list? Was the word prompt helpful? Let me know in the comments below. 

Tomorrow, I'll have another word prompt ready. I hope you'll come back and invite your creative friends along. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts