Book Notes: June 21,2023 - Karen Witemeyer

 Welcome! The sun is shining on the scenic route today as I prep this post. After last night's majestic storms, it's a beautiful sight. God's creation has always fascinated me. 

If you're looking for more books to add to your TBR, why not keep scrolling? I've got a couple of literary gems for your consideration. Karen Witemeyer writes excellent inspirational, historical romance. I'm always sorry when I come to the end of the book. There have been several of her books which I'd read over and over again. These two are in that number. 

And if you're here for the three word prompt, just keep on scrolling. You'll find it at the end. 

Book Review: At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen #1) by Karen Witemeyer

At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)At Love's Command by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kept Me Turning Pages

This book was exactly the right mix of faith, love, and adventure which makes a perfect American historical novel. I love the author's style and the depth in her books. The MCs were relatable on several levels, too. Overall, this book was an excellent experience. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys clean western stories of romance, faith, and adventure.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen #2) by Karen Witemeyer

The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen Book #2)The Heart's Charge by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Story!

In every way, this historical, inspirational romance is so very well done. I didn't want to put it down once I started reading. In more than one scene, the author had me crying. And I was certainly rooting for the MCs. I wasn't sure how tackling two romances in one plot was going to work, but wow! Excellent job, Karen Witemeyer! I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys clean, historical, inspirational romance with a healthy serving of adventure throughout.

View all my reviews

Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (i.e. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


These could be the start of an interesting range of stories. What do you think?


I'm so happy you stopped by today. Your support and encouragement are appreciated. I'd like to invite you to return tomorrow to check out the next three word prompt. What will you create with it? 

And what did you think about these books? Do they look like something you might enjoy? 

Please don't hesitate to share in the comments below. I'd love to see what you have to say. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts