Author Journey: December 30, 2022 - The Year is Ending. What next?

 Not sure I should ask that question. It's gotten rather unsettling how quickly our world is changing and not always for the better. However, I'm focusing on living joyfully and being content with what I have. And I'm doing all I can to improve the world around me. Let me get to the main post.


Author Journey: Year-End Writing Review

So I still don't have The Tale of Outh'n Durr published, but it's ready as soon as the funds are available. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue writing.

Writer's Life: Year-End Recap

This year wasn't the absolute best, but it wasn't the absolute worst, either. We rescued three kittens and though we lost two in the end, we still saved one and he's thriving. 

I worked with my youngest and we found a way to make her senior year more do-able and a little more enjoyable. She's had a better mindset about it since then, so I'm counting that as a win.

I planted some seeds this year and we ended up with a harvest of cucumbers and a couple of beautiful plants I think were bee balm, but could've been something similar. Our mint did really well, too, but I can't take credit for that. That was all my dad.

We made some new friends and started up a couple of interesting Bible studies. I love to look back and see how God is working in our lives. The future is a mystery, but I know God's plan is good and I take comfort in that.  

In the realm of writing, I ended up with several short stories I'll be able to work with and share with you later on in the new year. I'm excited about that. 

And last, but not least, the writing prompts have been a fun, new addition to the blog. I hope everyone who reads finds them as interesting and helpful as I have. 

Just Keep Writing: Friday Fascicles

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by Nati

Please take a moment to check out Nati's gallery on Pexels.com. 


Thank you so much for visiting the blog today. Your support and encouragement are appreciated. I've been so scattered lately, it's a wonder I'm getting these blog posts out as well as I have been. Too many changes in our routine have made it difficult. But I press on. 

Please come and visit again next week for more writing prompts, book reviews, and an author journey update. By Wednesday, I'll be able to share how my yearly reading goal turned out, too. 

I know a major party holiday is coming up. Please be as safe as possible out there as you welcome the new year and enjoy time with friends and/or family. 

Until next time...

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts