Book Notes: November 23, 2022 - Contemporary Romance

 Welcome back, Readers! I've got a couple of contemporary romance book reviews to share with you today. And if you continue to scroll down, you'll find a fresh writing prompt. Let's get to it, shall we?

Book Review: Sweet Montana Sky by Lisa Mondello

Sweet Montana Sky (Sweet Montana, #1)Sweet Montana Sky by Lisa Mondello
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OK, But Not My Preference

This story was ok, but it didn't exactly end up being the type of book I'll reread. It was technically clean, but there were some definitely steamy thoughts thrown around. There were also some glaring typos, from words with the wrong suffix to missing words. Another good edit would raise my rating to a four.
If you enjoy cowboy romances and don't mind a few typos, this book might be a good fit for you.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Steal My Heart (Small-Town Romance Collection) by Kimberly Montpetit

Steal My Heart (Small-Town Romance Collection): Second Chance Romance & Sweet Inspirational RomanceSteal My Heart (Small-Town Romance Collection): Second Chance Romance & Sweet Inspirational Romance by Kimberley Montpetit
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Only Read Book 1, But It Was Good

The first story in this collection was good, but it was also an excellent indicator that the rest of the stories would probably follow along the same lines. Nothing really stood out as different. The characters were relatable enough to keep me reading to the end. I didn't like all the references to fate, destiny, and psychic predictions alongside references to God. That's just my personal preference. I do think it was a sweet story, and it was clean, too. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys those kinds of romances.

View all my reviews

Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by Nicole Queiroz

I highly recommend you visit Nicole's gallery on Pexels.com. I don't think you'll regret the time you spend there. 


This was a larger course with a choice of menu items. What do you think? Are the books your cuppa? Maybe your tastes run more to writing. 

In either case, I hope you find something interesting and/or helpful here today. And I also hope to see you back tomorrow for another random three word prompt. 

Turn the page... 

Comments

Popular Posts