Author Journey: November 18, 2022 - What in the What?

 Welcome back writers and readers! I've been trying to work my way back up to a normal schedule and wouldn't you know it? There's a couple monkey wrenches in my path. Read on...


Author Journey: Writing Update, Nanowrimo Edition

The Nano project is...coming along. It's a slow process but there's a saying I'll apply here. 

"Progress is progress no matter how small." - Dr. Seuss

I am making some progress. At the time I'm writing this, I have two completely empty chapters. That means I've missed two of my writing prompts. No worries, though! I'll eventually catch up on those. I've been sticking fairly close to the goal line up until this past Saturday (because I don't write on Saturdays). I'm not disappointed with that.  

Since I prepped this post, I'm happy to say I've passed the halfway point of my 50k goal. I'm surprised, y'all! With everything that has been happening this year, I'm amazed I've been able to find time to write at all. Here's how the progress looks so far. 


Writer's Life: The Flu, Eh? #facepalm

Yep. Most of last week was spent taking care of two family members who struggled with the flu. On the bright side, the other two of us either didn't get it, or got off light in comparison. Everyone's improving so we're praising God for that! 

Still, it did a number on my mental schedule. I also worked the polls on Tuesday, so that cut into my writing time. Still, overall, we're blessed. 

Also, here's a little photo update on Spartacus. He's a lively fellow when he's awake. He loves to chase strings still, as well as have some fun chasing the tiny red bug which shows up on the carpet and sometimes on the walls, and the big white bug that shows up on the ceiling from time to time. That last one is more rare, less accessible, and therefore more enticing. He also loves paper bags. So thank you to all the grocers who still use them!

Photo by J.D. Kittles

My husband took and edited the photo. He's got a Youtube channel, though he doesn't get to post there much. He's usually busy studying something or actually taking pictures. We hope the picture makes you smile as much as it did us. 


Just Keep Writing: Friday Fascicles 

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by Mathias Reding

This week's photos were all taken by Mathias Reding. You can see more of his awesome work at Pexels.com by clicking here

The weekend words:

  • Saturday: threshold, uncle, stress
  • Sunday: sample, stamp, dedicate


Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you found something encouraging, inspiring, or just plain helpful in this post. I'm sorry I don't have a piece of writing to share with you this time. I had no time to even do a cursory edit on any of the ones I've working on recently. If that changes before this post goes out, then I'll update it. If not, you'll know what happened. 

Until next week...

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts