Book Notes: October 12, 2022- Clean Contemporary Romance

 Hello there! I'm glad you've come to check out what I've been reading over the course of the year. It's always interesting to check out new authors and see what favorites have been working on. Today, I've got a couple reviews on some clean romance novels. Let me get to it!

Book Review: Kayaks & Kisses (Romance Renovations) by Maria Hoagland

Kayaks and Kisses (Romance Renovations)Kayaks and Kisses by Maria Hoagland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Overall, this book rates probably 4.5 so I rounded up. I enjoyed the sweet story, as well as getting to know the characters. Though there were a couple technical faux pas, none of them kept me from continuing to read. If you love sweet, clean, contemporary romance, then I recommend this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: A Blockbuster Proposal (The Trouble With Dating an Actor #1) by Lucy McConnell

A Blockbuster Proposal (The Trouble with Dating an Actor #1)A Blockbuster Proposal by Lucy McConnell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fun book to read. It's short, sweet, clean, with a smattering of heartthrobbing moments. It's light on the faith element, but for such a short story focused on romance between the MCs, it might be harder to present that side in more detail. I'd recommend this book to anyone who loves short, sweet, contemporary romance.

View all my reviews

Conclusions

I've come to a conclusion. Many times, I can't really write a longer review on a book. In the case of books like these, there's not a whole lot of depth to begin with. What does one say for a book like that besides 'enjoyed it' or 'cute read for a chilly evening in'? Am I the only one who struggles to write a good, solid book review?

But this couple of books really would be great to settle in with on a chilly evening, a cup of tea or cocoa nearby, and a roaring fireplace/heater/scented candle setting the mood. Good stuff!

Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

Yep. You read that correctly. If you have been following my blog since I first posted the list of writing prompt daily titles, you'll note this change. I like it much better than Wednesday Wordsmiths. 

If this is your first time participating in such a writing exercise, you're in for a treat.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by rikka ameboshi

Today's photo is courtesy of Rikka Ameboshi. The link will take you to the Pexels.com page where you can view the original photo. You can also check out her gallery by clicking here.


Thank you all so much for stopping by today! Your support and encouragement help me keep going. I'm shooting for a perfect work-week of posts, so come back tomorrow for another word prompt. See you then!

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts