Book Notes: August 31, 2022 - Nonfiction by R.C. Sproul

 Welcome back, dear Reader! I hope you've had a good start to your week. Ours has been better than expected. We started the full schedule of our schoolwork this week and it's been both busy and fulfilling work. 

As for reading, I've been trying to keep up the different genres I'm comfortable reading. So this week, I have some nonfiction offerings for you. Let's get to it!

Book Review: How Should I Live in This World? by R.C. Sproul

How Should I Live In This World? (Crucial Questions, #5)How Should I Live In This World? by R.C. Sproul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent, Easy to Understand

I found this booklet easy to understand. The information is put together well and the author is thorough. If you're looking for an explanation of ethics, this would be a good place to start.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Can I Have Joy in My Life? by R.C. Sproul


Can I Have Joy in My Life? (Crucial Questions)Can I Have Joy in My Life? by R.C. Sproul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Work

I'm so glad I read this today. It helped to clarify a few things for me, as well as verify I'm on the right track when I read the verses mentioned in this book. If you're going through something difficult, this book might be a help to you.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Does Prayer Change Things? by R.C. Sproul

Does Prayer Change Things? (Crucial Questions, #3)Does Prayer Change Things? by R.C. Sproul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Study

My husband and I really enjoyed this study on prayer. We learned some new things and found the study to be most helpful. If you're seeking a study on prayer, we recommend trying this one.

View all my reviews

My Thoughts on This Series

R.C. Sproul is a fantastic teacher. He's thorough. However, he also assumes his audience to have a more classical education, which would include a wide vocabulary. If you're not in that number, you might find the reading kind of dry. 

I thought the material was interesting and to help me get through the rough patches, I read it aloud to my husband. That way we could discuss any points we came across that seemed a bit on the difficult side. 

We are both learning a lot as we read through this series. It's totally worth the effort in my opinion. And since the questions posed in the titles are very specific, the books are more like pamphlets on specific topics. It doesn't take too long to get through one of them. 

If you're looking for answers to these questions, I'd highly recommend these books to you as Dr. Sproul's teaching is biblically sound and far more thorough than so many of today's usual, shallow offerings. 
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to check out my post. I hope you see something here which sparks your interest. 

Or maybe you've read other written works by this author. I'd love to hear your thoughts about your experience with his work. You can post in the comments below. 


Comments

Popular Posts