Author Journey: August 12, 2022 - More Unexpected Roadblocks

 Welcome back! I'm confessing to discouragement today. It will be even longer before I can publish again. Read on to see where I am right now. 


Author Journey: Where I Am and The Holdup

Discouragement. It's such a draining thing. I'm not sure why things are going so slowly right now, why it seems we can't get ahead financially. I know God's plan is good, though. I'll keep trusting in Him since He never changes and He never makes mistakes. 

I have been hoping to get my book out, though, to help supplement our family income. I can't even scrape together thirty dollars right now. I had hoped we'd never find our way back to the vicious cycle of needing money to make money, but it seems we are right back there once again. 

I'm not certain how to get around that, either, or if maybe I should just wait and see what happens in the next couple of months. A verse God has been impressing on me this year is one He's impressed on me a few years ago. Actually, it's several verses, but a few phrases in those verses are working together to strengthen my resolve. 

One is Exodus 14:13 - And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. (KJV)

Another is 2 Chronicles 20:17 - Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you. (KJV)

In another version, Moses (or maybe it's Joshua) tells the people (the Israelites) to calm themselves down. I love that, because it's so easy for me to let discouragement and despair stir my mind into a chaotic frenzy. It's OK if I don't know what will happen tomorrow. It's OK if I don't even know what's going on right now. My hope rests securely upon the chief cornerstone (John 1:1-5; Luke 20:17; and Acts 17:28) who has been since before the beginning of time and will continue to be for all eternity. 

Anyway, I know that my God is faithful, that He is totally good, that His plan is good (even when I don't understand it or when it hurts terribly), and I know there's a reason why I'm having to wait to publish my work. I'm resolved to trusting in His plan for my life, in all aspects. It's going to be fine and I'm going to be fine and one day, hopefully soon, people will be able to enjoy more than one book from me. Whatever happens, God is good and I want to glorify Him with all my being. 

Writer's Life - On the Daily

This week was kind of hectic in that we made a trip up Tennessee way and back. I didn't really get a chance to film the kittens this week. They're doing well, though, and are finally big enough to wear flea collars. I'm so thankful for that! 

We're also talking about different ideas for field trips for our youngest who is a senior this year. Since she's going to take a course in geology for science, there are some nifty places not too far away which we can visit and I'm looking forward to doing that. 

I'd been looking for sites which would give me some good inspiration for my writing. Turns out there are some caverns within a day's drive of where we live. Ken Hovind's Dino Adventure Park is close to us, too, and it'll be an interesting place to visit. 


While it seems I'm not making much progress, I'm tossing around ideas for a new installment of Y'Dahnndrya life so I'll be ready to write come November. I love putting rough drafts together. I even love editing the content to be just right. It's the rest of what comes that gives me fits. 

Please pray for me as I continue to write and edit my work, preparing it for publishing. It's certainly not easy to 'hurry up and wait' but it's better than sitting completely still and never accomplishing anything. 

Perhaps next week will be a good news kinda week. One can hope.

Turn the page...


Comments

Popular Posts