Book Notes: July 20, 2022 - Clean Historical Romance

 Welcome back! Today, I've got a couple historical romance reviews to share with you. I've been reading mostly romances because they are short. I don't feel like I have to wade through a bunch of bad writing to get to the meat of the story. Usually, the story moves along at a good pace, too. Fantasy stories can drag on and on, and with so many indies, not putting in the effort to make certain their work is edited as well as can be, it's a struggle to read the books they write. Reminds me of a meme I found (or someone sent to me years ago). I'll share it at the end, if I can find it again. 


Book Review: Elizabeth (Angel Creek Christmas Brides #8) by Jo Grafford

Elizabeth (Angel Creek Christmas Brides #8)Elizabeth by Jo Grafford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sweet Historical Romance

This little story was sweet, clean and a bit different than what I expected. I liked it overall. So many pet names threw me off a bit, but the plot was interesting enough to keep me reading. It's a good story to relax with at the end of a tough day. If you enjoy sweet, clean, historical romance, why not give it a try?

View all my reviews

Just so you know, I read this book and it had a different cover and the author used a pen name. So I'm not sure if mine was an old release or a new one. If I'd known it was Jo Grafford, I might've still given it a try, but this work was about par for her. She's a good writer, but it's usually not quite what I'm looking for. 

Book Review: Love's Destiny: Caleb & Ginny's Story by Charlotte Dearing

Love's Destiny: Caleb and Ginny's StoryLove's Destiny: Caleb and Ginny's Story by Charlotte Dearing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweet Romance Novella

This story is short but kept me reading. I love the MCs and how they thought about each other. If you're looking for something sweet to read that won't take much time, I highly recommend this story.

View all my reviews

I know for a fact I read this book before. And yet, Amazon didn't say I'd purchased it with them. So I'm wondering if I stumbled onto one of those special limited time offers through Book Funnel or something. Still, it was short but good. I do enjoy Charlotte Dearing's historical romances. They're usually fun and interesting, with lots of good characters. 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to read my post. I hope my book reviews will help you find a new author or a new book to try out. 

If you enjoyed your visit today, come back again Friday to see how Camp Nano's been going for me, as well as get another kitten update. 

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts