Author Journey: July 29, 2022 - Camp Nano Final Update

 Welcome back! I have to keep today's post short. We have too much to get done today and very little time to accomplish it all. So there won't be a kitten update today, except to say they are thriving and making themselves quite at home with us. On with the Camp Nano update!

Author Journey: Camp Nano 2022 Final Update


As you can see, I exceeded my goal. I knew when I started I had more than 80k words, but I wasn't sure how many I'd end up with when the editing was complete. I'm pretty satisfied with my 88k number. I feel like that a decent amount for an adventure fantasy novel like mine. 

The next step is to make sure it reads well. I'll start working on that in August. I'll be looking for things like POV switches, timeline issues (which is going to be quite difficult), and general flow of the plot. 

Once that's done and I like how it flows, I'll tackle the technical editing. I look forward to the day I can afford to hire an editor, but until then, it'll be slow going and I'll just have to do the best I can on my own. I've had no success with beta readers. Most of my friends are too busy and everyone online wants to be paid to do that. I can't seem to catch a break for things like Booksprout, which is now changing it's methods. 

I guess that's all God's way of saying I can do this. I just need to be patient and take things at a steady pace. 

Writer's Life - Kitten Update

While I don't have a video for you today, I can say this. The kittens are eating more and getting bigger. They are quite lively in the mornings, especially since we still keep them in their kennels at night. But after a couple hours of hard playing, they usually find a quiet spot and settle down to chill. 

I look forward to them gaining weight and will be glad when we can finally do something more than just bathing them to keep the fleas down. Neither of them enjoy baths, but Spartacus is downright militant about his displeasure. You'd think we were trying to kill him for all the noise he makes. Dusk is less vocal and much less wiggly, but she doesn't like it anymore than he does. She tells us the whole time, but not nearly as loudly or obnoxiously as Spartacus. 

It's an adventure watching them grow and show their personalities. Dusk has definitely chosen me, while Spartacus has chosen our youngest daughter and my husband. While he's not a huge animal person, he has taken to Spartacus and enjoys playing with both the kittens. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Please keep us in your prayers as our schedule starts to pick up, especially since we're moving into our youngest daughter's senior year of high school. 

Please stop by on Wednesday to check out what I've been reading and what I thought about it as I share a couple more book reviews. Until then...

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts