Author Journey: July 15, 2022

 Welcome back, dear Reader! I'm happy you visited today. I've been working hard this past week. My post is late today because of a leaky faucet that needed fixing, among other things. I hope you'll be encouraged by something in today's offering. Here we go...


Author Journey: Camp Nano Project Surge is a Go! 

I've been making excellent progress with this round of editing on Surge. It's exciting, and at the same time, it's kind of daunting. I've been doing my best to avoid writing on Saturdays. That's really helping my body and mind to get into the habit of taking a break regularly. It's something I know I need to do. 

However, that means in order to run a complete edit of the book by July 31, I have to edit through at least 31k words per day. To my happy surprise, this is no more than four chapters and sometimes as little as two. 

Another surprise for me is that I've been above the line for a few days. Why is it surprising? That would be because I've been finding it very hard to write on Sundays. We drive 30 minutes to get to our church on Sundays. We do it twice every Sunday. And we spend at least 3 hours there in the morning and at least that much in the evening, if not more. This is our choice, of course, but it leaves little time for writing. 

Every time I sit down to edit, I try to work on more than the two to three chapters I need to reach my minimum daily goal. I'm just so glad I'm above the line now. You can see on the chart it took me a few days to get there. 

Now the goal is to keep the mark above the line. I also just realized I'm past the halfway point of my total goal and today is the halfway point of the month. Celebrate the small victories!

As I've continued editing, I'm realizing that I still enjoy reading this piece of work. That makes me feel pretty good about releasing it to the public in the future. 

Please continue praying for me as I keep writing and editing. My ultimate goal with every book I put out is to give readers something which is entertaining, but also provides protagonists who exhibit desirable morals or the desire to work toward that in their lives. My ultimate goal overall is to honor God in my work while providing excellent reading material to people who love to read fantasy. 

Writer's Life: Kitten Update

Our kittens are thriving and seem to be very happy in our home. I'm so glad. I missed having a cat in our house. It's definitely a lot of work to own a house pet, but it's worth it, I think. 

This week's kitten video update...is going to be uploaded later, as soon as I can get it up on YouTube. It was a longer video this time. Still, I think it'll be worth the wait. I'll be updating this post as soon as I can. 

***Update!***
Here's the video, as promised...




Thanks so much for keep up with me and my work. And if you're here for the kitten videos, that's OK, too. :) I hope they make you smile and bring a little joy into your day. I'll be back Wednesday with some book reviews and again on Friday sharing more of my author journey with you. 

Turn the page...




Comments

Popular Posts