Book Notes: May 11, 2022 - Christian Theology

 Welcome back! I've got something a little different for you today. My husband and I have been reading books aloud together for a while now. We stumbled upon a free set from Andrew Murray. I'd like to share that with you today since we found them so helpful and encouraging. These are really long reviews, so I will elaborate more on the set following them.


Book Review: The Ministry of Intercession by Andrew Murray

The Ministry of Intercession (Murray): A Plea for More Prayer (Murray Updated Classics Book 1)The Ministry of Intercession (Murray): A Plea for More Prayer by Andrew Murray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Work!

I found this book to be so helpful and encouraging. If you're wondering how to be a better intercessor, i highly recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Humility-The Beauty of Holiness by Andrew Murray


Humility: The Beauty of HolinessHumility: The Beauty of Holiness by Andrew Murray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My husband and I read this together and both enjoyed it immensely. We learned so much! It was easy to read and understand. This is very much a teaching and not so much a preaching-to-the-choir type of book. You can tell Murray wants to see fellow believers reaching for the potential we have through our Savior, which will enable us to be all we can be for His glory.
If you enjoy books which teach about the Christian faith and how to be more like Jesus, then this book is one you might find helpful and encouraging.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Divine Healing by Andrew Murray


Divine Healing: He gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of weakness – Matthew 10:1 (Murray Updated Classics Book 3)Divine Healing: He gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of weakness – Matthew 10:1 by Andrew Murray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Helpful, Educational, and Encouraging

If you're interested in a Biblical look at healing, then this may be a good choice for you. My husband and I enjoyed learning more on the topic. I think it would also be interesting as a group study/discussion.

View all my reviews

Of these three books, which came in a set, my personal favorite was the book on humility. I think too many people don't understand what the word actually means. They view it in a negative way when that couldn't be further from the truth. 

Both of us enjoyed the information we discovered in these books and look forward to implementing the things revealed through scriptures Mr. Murray shared.My favorite was the book on humility, while my husband really enjoyed the book on prayer. 

Prayer is a huge deal for me and while I found that book challenging, I'm game. My husband wants to go back through each one and do a deeper study on the topics Mr. Murray discussed. I look forward to joining him. 
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I hope you'll give these books a try if you're interested in growing in your walk as a Christian, or if you just want to know more about what some Christians are learning and believing. We read these in the order I have shared them, but they could be read in any order. 

If you read last Friday's post, you'll remember we had a kitten emergency. I'll be sharing an update on that situation this Friday. I hope you'll come back to see how things are going. I also hope to give you some good news on where I am in my writing. 

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts