Book Notes: March 9, 2022 - Contemporary Romance

 Welcome back, Dear Readers! I want to share a couple of clean romance novels with you. One of them is inspirational, the other isn't, but both are sweet romances which were easy to read. I found both stories enjoyable. Maybe you will, too. Read on to see my reviews, short though they are. 


Book Review: Love at Rosecrown Ranch (Rosecrown Ranch book 1) by Ruth Pendleton

Love At Rosecrown Ranch: Rosecrown Ranch Book OneLove At Rosecrown Ranch: Rosecrown Ranch Book One by Ruth Pendleton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Sweet, Cozy Romance

If you're looking for a light, cozy, romance story that's easy to read, this could be a good choice for you. I enjoyed almost everything about the story. The extreme nature of the MC's early days together seemed a bit over-the-top. That could just be me, though. I did like that they eventually talked to each other about different things. I also liked that it was a clean read.
Overall, this was a good book. I don't know if I'll read more in the series, though.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Seeking Home (Family Bonds book 1) by Carolyne Aarsen

Seeking Home (Family Bonds Book 1)Seeking Home by Carolyne Aarsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Good, Cozy Romance

What a sweet story! Watching the MCs grow as individuals was a joy, especially as they put trust in God to help them along the way. The book is a good read, nice and cozy, perfect for relaxing at the end of a long day. If you enjoy clean, sweet, inspirational romance, this could be enjoyable for you.

View all my reviews

Both of these books were good, but in the case of the first one, I just felt there could've been more done with it. Of course, sometimes you want a book that doesn't go too deep into what drives and motivates the characters. So for a light story, it was good. 

In the case of the second, I'm not sure how religious belief and practice goes on in Canada. But for me, I want to see both characters really putting their faith into practice and seeing how God is working in them and through them to effect positive changes in their lives. We see that a little bit in Seeking Home but it's almost brushed over in the hero's case. Granted, he has been ignoring his relationship with God for a while. But to have him re-establish that connection with God right before the book ends seemed a bit rushed to me. 

I doubt I'll read more of the Rosecrown Ranch books. The one I read was good, but I'm looking for something a little different in a romance novel. I will probably pick up another in the Family Bonds series, but the characters really did resonate with me. I won't be rushing to buy them all, but I'd definitely consider purchasing one or two more in the future. 

I wasn't able to blog on Friday. I hope to be able to do so this week. Life has been so hectic for us this year. I blogged about it on our school blog. If you'd like to see that post, you can click here.  I'm worn out and there's no real end in sight. Last week was calm by comparison, but it's not like we completely paused long enough to put two thoughts together. :/ That I got two blog posts out last week was amazing in the extreme. 

So if you read this far, thanks for taking some of your valuable time to see what I've been reading. I hope you will find something which you may enjoy adding to your TBR list. If you've read either of these already, I'd love to hear what you thought in the comments below. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts