Author Journey: January 7, 2022 - Let the New Year Begin!

 Welcome back, Dear Readers! If you didn't catch Wednesday's book reviews, then let me wish you a happy new year. May our 2022 be better than our 2021 was! 


Author Journey: So How's the Year Starting for Me?

Actually, it's starting pretty well. I have been toying with a story idea for longer than a year and finally decided to just run with it. It wasn't going away. The fact I kept remembering it was a mighty miracle in itself. Don't you just hate when you think of an awesome idea and you have no way to record it? 


Well, this time, I didn't have to write it down. The idea was so vague on the details but strong on the big pieces that it would've been hard to forget, I guess. So yeah, that's the story I've been working on over the past couple of weeks. 

I'm up to Chapter 10 or 11 and I just write a little here and a little there. It's coming along. However, I already know it's going to take some massive revisions before it comes to life as a coherent manuscript. That refining process is something I'm looking forward to, though, because I think I could have the makings of a lovely story on my hands.


Thanks for reading the post today. I wanted so badly to start the year off with a bang...like I was a well-oiled machine spitting out perfection in spades. I am, in fact, a creaky tin man left out in the rain with my oil can out of reach. 

Having recognized the facts with such clarity, I've decided to stop putting out a monthly newsletter. My brain has already kicked that in for me. I can't remember when I last put one of those out. It's an added project I have little time or energy for when I realize how much work still remains to get my books out to the world. Two are close to final editing stage. I have five or so short stories, one memoire, and three novels in various stages of editing. Two or three of these need a cover. All of the rest need cover art revisions, to include Ripples, since I want the series books to match. 

With that, I'll conclude for today. I'm also going to open up my freebies folder on Drive to anyone who reads my blog. You'll find that link in the drop down menu very soon. Thanks again for following my progress and encouraging me along the way. 

Comments

Popular Posts