Author Journey: January 14, 2022

 I think I mentioned before that I was blessed early on this year. My old laptop was literally crumbling in places. It's been so nice to have a new one. We've been making do with used ones as much as possible in the past. A penny saved is a penny earned, after all. With my new computer, I'm able to do a little gaming. That necessitated the purchase of a gaming hard drive, especially since my old hardrive is...ticking. Yes, ticking. Which, in case you didn't know, is a very bad sign that you're fixing to lose your hard drive. Why is that important? Well, let me go on...


Transferrence and Procrastination

I thought I'd be using my gaming drive exclusively for games. Go figure, every game I like is graphics-heavy. *eye roll* Anyway, that's not going to be the case. So I started transferring everything I absolutely didn't want to lose. My writing file is several gigs, and let's not even discuss my photo and video files. 

While digging into some old file folders, I struck gold. Back when facebook started to go nuts, when you could save notes simply and navigating the site didn't require an extensive roadmap, I posted several notes that I, thankfully, saved. Maybe one day, I'll share some of those things I saved with you. Some are favorite quotes, but there's one in particular that I'll double-check to be certain it's clear. 

There you have it, folks! Sometimes, procrastination can pay off. XD 


Author Journey: So How's That Writing Coming?

Slowly, but surely, I'm working on revisions. I felt like reading Bid the Fallen Rise and much to my surprise, I can actually make notes in my non-kindle e-reader app. (If you're interested in that app, it's called ReadEra. You can get it at the Playstore.)

So I'm working my way through it and seeing all kinds of things that need to be checked and double-checked, words that need to have the spelling verified, and even made-up words for things I'm uncertain of which I'll have to figure out and fix up in a glossary. Editing isn't always fun, but this part isn't so bad. I prefer the content edit over the fine-tuning. It's the latter that always trips me up, making me overthink everything and second-guess myself. 

Still, the work continues and I'm continuing to write. I count these as wins, especially since it seems to verify I am truly coming out of that awful burnt out stage. That's a mirey, clay pit I don't care to revisit. 


Thank you so much for reading! If you're writing and struggling to keep going, I would like to encourage you to keep going. The reward is worth all the effort. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts