Book Notes: November 10, 2021 - Love Inspired Suspense Romance

 Today I've got a couple of books from the folks who put out Love Inspired, which I used to get in monthly boxes years ago. The cost became excessive for me so I stopped the shipments before they started putting out the suspense novels. Imagine my surprise when I find one of my new favorite authors had written one of these! After I finished that one, another was suggested, as Kindle does, so I went ahead and read that one, too. I'd like to share my thoughts on these with you. 


Book Review: Following the Evidence by Lynn Shannon

Following the Evidence (Love Inspired Suspense)

Following the Evidence by Lynn Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kept Me Guessing

Every time I convinced myself which character was the villain, Lynn Shannon would throw out new possibilities. That's exactly what a suspense mystery should be.
The romance portion was also well done. I prefer a clean romance, cast with characters who live their faith. Lynn excels at both and once again, I couldn't put the book down.
If you enjoy clean, inspirational romance with suspenseful twists and turns, you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Rocky Mountain Revenge by Rhonda Starnes


Rocky Mountain RevengeRocky Mountain Revenge by Rhonda Starnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Good Suspense Romance

I enjoyed reading this inspirational suspense romance. I was second-guessing myself about the villain the whole time. The faith element is pretty strong and in a positive way. At times, though, I felt some scenes were rushed while others slowed down more than I'd expect of a suspense story. Overall, it was a good book. If you enjoy inspirational suspense romance books, you may want to consider this one.

View all my reviews

I was so happy to find these books, and then I remembered how shallow they seemed sometimes. When you write inspirational romance novels, sometimes the publisher won't allow you to add things to the story which it desperately needs in order to be more believable. I get it, but at the same time, there has to be a better balance, right? 

That was another reason I decided to go the indie route. I want my books to have that strong faith foundation, but I also want the freedom to make my villains and MCs believable. If it's true that we all sin and fall short of the glory of God, and it is because the Bible says so, then our characters should reflect that. It's a fine balance, though. 

Thanks so much for reading today's post. I hope you'll find a story that interests you here. If you do, or if you've read one of these already, please share your thoughts in the comment section. I've added another one of these SAR suspense romance novels to my extremely heavy TBR stack. I'll share that review when I'm able. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts