Author Journey: November 19, 2021

 Welcome back for another writing update! I'm happy you decided to share part of your time here today. 


NaNoWriMo 2021 Update


I'm happy to say I've been making good progress with my story. You can see on the chart where I fell below the line at one point, but thankfully, I've managed to get my goal back up above it and keep it there. I haven't written yet today, but I'm going to after I get this post published. 

I've been happy with most of the material I've written during the past 18 days. I have noticed, though, that my characters tend to ramble this time -- whether in their minds or with their mouths. I'll have a lot of sifting to do during that first edit. I also feel like there are a few important things missing. I'll have to see where those things fit, though. I'm not going to just pop them in willy nilly or craft a whole chapter of missed things. I don't work that way, or rather, I don't want to work that way. 

General Life Update: Internet Woes Are Never Far Away

It's so disappointing that Starlink has been so long in coming. We were expecting it to be up and running sometime soon, at least by the end of October. Yet again, Louisiana seems to have some kind of block on progress...kind of ironic since most of the politicians here consider themselves 'progressive'.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. Louisiana is backwards on everything they should be on par with. It's so infuriating. 

And so while we continue to wait, we are having trouble with both our ISP at home remaining reliable, and our phone service keeping up with the heavier load. It's certainly not the best case scenario. I should be used to dealing with the near-worst case on a weekly basis. Had I not experienced better service in other states, I wouldn't know much about the difference and wouldn't expect the companies to man-up and get stuff done. I'd throw my hands up in defeat, except, that wouldn't solve any problems. A small mercy...it's far better than Wild Blue and other satellite services we tried when we first moved back here from Texas. 

It's really hard to work this way. If I can't manage to digitally upload my books and stay informed on publishing news and all things related to the authoring world, I won't be able to continue writing. Even if I managed to swing a contract through a publishing company, they'd still want a digital upload, I'd think. I'll confess, it's a worry I could do without. I hope Starlink doesn't leave us hanging much longer!


Thanks so much for keeping me company on my writing journey. It's encouraging to know there are some out there who find my offerings valuable and wish to read more. Thanks!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts