Book Notes: October 6, 2021 - Contemporary Romance

 Welcome back! I've got a couple contemporary romance book reviews for you. Neither of these was an inspirational romance, but both were clean. I gave these books high marks, but they weren't memorable. I honestly can't remember much about the second one. Even reading my own review didn't spark a memory. I'd have to pull it up in my Kindle again to refresh my memory. But...why do we read romances, anyway? To forget life for a few moments and just enjoy something different for a little while. In my case, I want to enjoy a sweet story that's more on the light side or inspirational side, or a story where something threatens the MCs but the light shines again by the end of the book. I do love a happy ending and a clear resolution. 


Book Review: Back to You (San Diego Marines, #1) by Jess Mastorakos

Back to You (San Diego Marines, #1)

Back to You by Jess Mastorakos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Good New Adult Romance

This story initially caught my eye because it dealt with military life. I learned a few things which surprised me, too. Overall, the story was good and the characters interesting. The fact that the MCs were friends first was a winner for me. I'd recommend this book to NA readers who enjoy clean, contemporary romance with some sparks.

View all my reviews

I do remember reading this book. The characters annoyed me in a few areas, but in their defense, they are young adults and at a different place in life than me. 

Not pertaining to this book exactly, but kind of along the same lines, I sometimes have trouble reading a story with an MC whose personality is different from me in ways which seem to defy all logic. Anyone else feel that way? When characters make illogical decisions based on passions of the moment, it irritates me. At least, this book was written in a way I could understand why the characters acted and reacted the way they did. 


Book Review: And Something Blue (Main Street Merchants, #1) by Paige Timothy

And Something Blue (Main Street Merchants, #1)

And Something Blue by Paige Timothy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Pleasantly Interesting Love Story

I loved this enemies-to-friends-to romance story. The characters were well crafted. The heroine was strong while maintaining her femininity. The hero was honest in admitting his errors. And the heroine's friends were really fun to read while not taking over the story. Overall, this clean romance, while not inspirational, was a lovely story perfect for enjoying an evening in. If you love clean romance, you will likely enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

I thought I had remembered this book while drafting this post, but nope. I'm still in the dark. Now I have to go dig it up in my Kindle just to refresh my memory. *wry chuckle* I've also spotted another in the series which sounds interesting. The MC sounds more like my younger self...mostly content to sit in the shadows and snuggle with a book and resigned to the seeming fact that no one would give me the time of day. We'll see how that story plays out...


 Thank you so much for stopping by! Your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated. If you enjoy what you're reading on my blog, please share the link with your friends and family if you believe they'll enjoy it, too. 

Our friends did break their journey with us for a couple of days and what a joy! We needed that refreshing break in our lives...both us and them. Isn't it great how God blesses us with kindred spirits along our life journeys? I believe so, anyway. I'm so happy they'll break their journey with us again on their way back through our area. It'll be great to spend more time with them. 

Since I don't know exactly when they're coming back through, I may skip another Friday post next week. I'll do my best to get one in this week, though. 

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts