Book Notes: September 8, 2021 - Leah Atwood Part 2

 Welcome back to another round of book notes! I'm excited to share another couple reviews on my author friend's books. Leah Atwood writes sweet, clean, inspirational romance in both historical and contemporary settings. I like that each book really does leave you with a smile, exactly as the author hopes. Today, I'm sharing a couple books from her Come to Me contemporary romance series. Let's get to it!


Book Review: Come to Me Alive (Come to Me #1) by Leah Atwood


Come to Me Alive (Come to Me #1)

Come to Me Alive by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In this refreshing romance novel, Leah Atwood has done it again. I enjoyed reading this story set in Louisiana filled with characters who are more like the actual Cajun people I've known. To read about characters who struggle makes the story come to life in a way many romance tales of this length lack. As for the inspirational aspect, the way the characters do their best to live their faith is truly encouraging to watch, even as they go through hardships and wonder which direction they need to go. Overall, this book was one of the better examples of inspirational romance I've read. I'd recommend it to anyone from teens on up who enjoy a good love story.

View all my reviews


Book Review: Come to me Joyful (Come to Me #3.5) by Leah Atwood


Come to Me Joyful

Come to Me Joyful by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweet, Cozy Story

Though short, this was a sweet story. I loved that the topic of military life was broached. The difficulties of deployment for both the troops and those they leave behind was handled very well.
The main characters in this novel were interesting. The hero didn't have many of the characteristics I usually look for in a romance, but he certainly had what counts...integrity and consideration for others. The heroine had a major hurdle to overcome, which made her relatable. The faith element was undeniable and truthful without being over done and there's a happy ending for the MCs. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a sweet, inspirational romance that's also a quick read.

View all my reviews


 I'm so glad you chose to read my post today! Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll find something new to add to your TBR list. Who knows? Maybe my friend's books will be just the thing to help you wind down from a long, weary day. 

See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts