Book Notes: September 15, 2021 - Leah Atwood Part 3

 Welcome back for another round of book reviews! This time, I'm sharing three of Leah Atwoods historical romance novels with you. These are from her Brides of Weatherton series. If you enjoy sweet, inspirational romance which is easy to read and finish in a short time, then perhaps these are good options for you. Check them out!

Book Review: Fire & Ice (Brides of Weatherton #2) by Leah Atwood

Fire and Ice (Brides of Weatherton #2)

Fire and Ice by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'Fire and Ice' was an inspiration old-west romance like no other I've read. While being an inspirational book, it wasn't preachy...at least it didn't seem so to me. It was, however, full of twists. I wasn't sure where each new decision would lead the characters. I like this type of writing, done in such a vibrant way I found myself easily immersed in the story.
On to the characters. The mail-order bride theme is often done. I'm certain those who write mostly in western romance work very hard to find new ways of tackling that. Leah Atwood came through. Maeve is such a strong person inside and out. She really held my attention. But my favorite character is Sam. He's a man of integrity. He's still got some life lessons to learn, though, and that made him relatable.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading romance, inspirational romance, western romance, or historical romance. It's a sweet story that has just enough grit for it to be that much more believable. Give it a try!

View all my reviews


 Book Review: Dancing on Dew (Brides of Weatherton #4) by Leah Atwood

 

Dancing on Dew (Brides of Weatherton #4)

Dancing on Dew by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good, Cozy Read

There were several typos in this story, but I still liked it. The simplicity of the storyline, along with a couple of interesting MCs really made the story work for me. I particularly liked how a correct decision was also the most painful, but the hero went through with it. And the way the hero realized his mistakes and worked to set them to rights was also impressive.
If you enjoy clean, historical, inspirational romance, you should give this a try.

View all my reviews


Book Review: Whiter Than Snow (Brides of Weatherton - A Christmas Marriage of Convenience novella)

Whiter Than Snow (Brides of Weatherton)Whiter Than Snow by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Short, Sweet Romance

This story was short, but the characters, plot, and setting were all well done. I could picture the scenes well and put myself in the setting. The characters seemed relatable to me and though many readers might find the hero unbelievable, I found his choices to be both noble and something worth emulating. This was a sweet, easy-to-read story which I would recommend to anyone who loves historical, inspirational romance.

View all my reviews

This might have been my shortest review, but honestly, it was my favorite story in this series...at least up to this point. I loved the tale of redemption and God's provision.

These are definitely good books, promoting good morals and traditional values. They do leave you smiling at the end, exactly as Leah works hard to do. If you're looking for a quick and satisfying book to read, these might just be the ticket and I recommend giving them a try. I have the first book in the series in my TBR but haven't read it just yet. I'm looking forward to it! All the rain we're having this week presents the perfect opportunity once all the chores are done. :D


 Thank you so much for coming back to check out more of my book reviews. I hope you'll give this wonderful indie author a chance. She's a true Proverbs 31 woman who is using the gifts and talents God has given her in good ways to bring Him glory. Thanks again for giving her work a chance!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts