Author Journey: September 17, 2021 - Pressing On Toward the Goal

 Welcome back! I bet you thought I'd have that cover ready to show you. I'm sorry to report it's not there yet. I haven't had the time or energy to work on it with everything else I've been dealing with lately. My grandmother is slowly fading and my mind struggles to accept that. She's the last of my grandparents who is living. When she passes away, whatever she hasn't shared with us will be lost forever. But thankfully, she's shared a ton of wisdom and been an excellent, godly example of a wife, mother, and woman of God. That alone is worth its weight in gold in today's society, in my opinion. I've been blessed with a close-knit family and I'm thankful for that. So I guess today I'm sharing my thoughts with you.


Current Events

I dislike what's going on in our country these days. Our Constitution matters little to the majority of those in positions of power. And while many people would say our civil rights are extremely important, if those same people felt threatened by a choice made by a person (which is made possible by those civil rights), they'd quickly pass a vote to revoke those same civil rights, not realizing they are jeopardizing their own. I'm disgusted by the whole shebang and rather than allow myself to spiral downward in a mire of hopelessness, I'll turn to scripture instead. 


That passage has given me far more hope and peace than ever during the last several months. Maybe it'll bless those reading the blog, too. I hope so. 


 Moving On

I finally got all the new fonts loaded into Gimp. That's a bit of a process and I don't do it often enough to remember it well. I always have to look it up on YouTube. :/ Still, it's done and I'll be able to get back to work on the cover of The Tale of Outh'n Durr. Eventually, all my short stories will be compiled into volumes and the series will be titled Tales of Y'Dahnndrya. I hope these will be well received. I'm certainly having fun writing them, even though finishing the process is causing my gray hair to become more evident. ...Wait a minute. That's actually a bonus for me. XD


 

Just For Fun

Here's something I found...just for fun...


via GIPHY


 Thanks for stopping by today. I'm sorry I didn't have more to show in the area of actual writing work. I'm just so overwhelmed and my concerns often crowd out activities I'd rather be able to focus on. Right now, school work and my job at our church take precedence. It is what it is, I guess. But I won't give up on my writing. I do feel it's what I've been called to do. Encouragement is greatly appreciated at all times and most especially now. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts