Book Notes: August 25, 2021 - Kathy Carmichael

 Welcome back for another round of book reviews! I hope you'll see one that catches your interest. I've been trying to go back through my Kindle library and find some of the books I was able to get through free promotions. Working my way through them has been...difficult to say the least. I mentioned in last Friday's post how it's just been so frustrating to get into a book only to find it was badly edited (if at all) or the content wasn't so rich and immersive. I'll say it again, your free book offering needs to be just as well-crafted as the works you expect people to pay for. A badly crafted work will turn off possible customers faster than you can imagine...which is the opposite of what any writer wants. Ok, on to the reviews!

Book Review: Chasing Charlie (The Texas Two-Step #1) by Kathy Carmichael

Chasing Charlie (The Texas Two-Step #1)

Chasing Charlie by Kathy Carmichael
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Fun RomCom

I've had this book in my Kindle for a long time and rediscovered it this weekend. I'm glad I did. It was a fun and sometimes funny story with a sweet couple of MCs. They seemed so naive in some aspects. And the plot was almost fairytale-ish in the way it played out. Overall, this was a good fit for me. If it hadn't been for some odd wording here and there and some typos that pulled me out of the story once or twice, I'd have given it five stars. I'm interested enough to check out the next story, too.
If you enjoy clean, sweet, contemporary romance with a fairytale-like plot, do check this one out.

View all my reviews

 Book Review: The Lassoed Bride by Kathy Carmichael

 

The Lassoed Bride (The Texas Two-Step Series, #1.5)

The Lassoed Bride by Kathy Carmichael
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good Book with a Sweet Plot

If you're looking for a quick read and a fairytale romance which is sweet and clean, this might be the book for you. I was so disappointed this was a novella, but it fit the plot to run a bit short. No fluff. No repetitions. I did feel the price was a tad high for such a short book, though. I should also mention I love the covers for this series. They're different, but still fit the stories they represent really well.

View all my reviews


 The second book is, as I mentioned in the review, a novella. As such, it could feel somewhat rushed for some readers. I felt there could've been more to the story. After reading the second story, I feel like I'm pretty much done with this series. While it's sweet and clean with a focus on forming an actual relationship between the hero and heroine, that's a win. But on the other hand, they're just shy of 'deep' and I prefer the story have a richness to the content. I'm usually looking for something that might take me a day or two to read/process without being too thought-provoking. It's a fine line, though. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have you read these books? If not, do you think you might be interested in them? If you do (or have) read them, I'd love to hear what you thought. Feel free to share in the comments below. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts