Book Notes: Book Reviews - July 14, 2021

 Welcome back! Sorry I'm a bit late with this post, but it seems to be the story of my life this week. I've been going non-stop pretty much from the time I wake up, to the time I settle down for sleep. It's been a super busy week so far. I'll get right to the book reviews, though.

Book Review: The Mystery of Hollow Inn by Tara Ellis

The Mystery of Hollow Inn (Samantha Wolf Mystery #1)

The Mystery of Hollow Inn by Tara Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Book for a Cozy Night of Reading

My daughter and I read this as part of our literature curriculum. We both enjoyed the mystery and adventure. It's written for middle grades and I think it's perfect for that group of readers. It's also great for reading aloud and would make an excellent bedtime reading story for young ones who love to be read to. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good adventure with some light suspense and a decent dose of mystery.

View all my reviews

This one's a little different than my usual offerings. I have several middle grade books in my Kindle and every once in a while, I'll use one as a breather book during our school year, just to give us a break from the heavier stuff we seem to end up reading. This one was fun!

 Book Review: Her (Not So) Perfect Love Match by Alexa Verde

Her (Not So) Perfect Love Match (To Love and to Cherish #1)

Her (Not So) Perfect Love Match by Alexa Verde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nice Variety in These Lovely Inspirational Romances

I enjoyed reading each of these books. I think I like more broken heroes, but the people were so beautiful, I wanted to have them for my own neighbors. I was invested in them, in their little fictional town. I didn't feel like it was the Texas I know, but I did love the Russian heritage of the heroes in the last two books. I also thought it was amazing to include a heroine struggling with a disease she had from birth. These were such lovely, inspirational books. If you enjoy such books, please do give this set a try!

View all my reviews

This also isn't my usual offering, though I've read a few collections. 


 That's it for today! I hope one of these books/collections looks interesting to you. If you give them a try, or if you've read them before, I'd love to hear what you think about them. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts