Book Notes: December 30, 2020

As we come to the end of 2020, I wanted to share a few books with you. I'm doing my best to work through my TBR stack which includes books by some of my favorite indie authors. I'll recommend a couple of these authors to you, though if you're a faithful reader, you'll likely remember their names. 


Book Review: Cherish Me, Cowboy by Debra Clopton

I don't remember if I've shared this review and the following one before, but I really enjoy Debra Clopton's books. They're so full of life and include humor in all the right places.

CHERISH ME, COWBOY: Enhanced Edition (Texas Matchmakers Book 7)

CHERISH ME, COWBOY: Enhanced Edition by Debra Clopton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweet Story

I have loved Debra Clopton's clean romance novels since I read Rafe a couple of years ago. She weaves tales of interesting and relatable characters overcoming obstacles in a way unlike other romance authors I've enjoyed. This tale was sweet and tugged at my heartstrings. It's a clean inspirational romance, without being sanctimonious or wordy. The characters just live life and their quirks, dialog and experiences just keep me wanting to know more. If you haven't read any of Debra Clopton's work, give this one a try.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Heart of a Cowboy by Debra Clopton

Heart of a Cowboy

Heart of a Cowboy by Debra Clopton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not quite the usual from the author but still good

Actually 4.5 stars. I'm not sure what happened around the time this book was published but the formatting was not up to her usual standard. This made it a bit more difficult for me to read.
Aside from that, the story was good. It's not my favorite, but it was a fun, cozy story. If you enjoy clean, contemporary romance with an inspirational tone, give this one a try.

View all my reviews

Currently Reading: Stranger at the Dower House by Mary Kingswood

 On My TBR

These books have been added to my to-be-read list lately. I wanted to help out some indie authors this year and I was able to do that, I think. I highly recommend you give indie books a try and cut the authors a little more slack. Yes, spelling and grammar are important. We do understand that. But not all of us have the income to pay $1000 to hire a professional editor. Sometimes we have to make do with what money we have on hand and that sometimes means leaning on friends, relatives or complete strangers who are just willing to volunteer their time so they can read another book. These will be good for you if you enjoy the genre. 

In Fantasy: 

This book is a very short tale which focuses on one of the characters in The Genesis Chronicles series. It's only $0.99, but it you're using Kindle Unlimited, it's free!

In Christian Romance:

I like this book series because it takes place in my home state and I'm assured of a clean, inspirational read. It's a full-length romance novel.

I chose these books because I read the first book in each series and enjoyed both. I hope you'll give these authors a try. Each has a great desire to create a quality product and experience for their readers. And what better way to start out a fresh year than with a book by a new author and help out an indie creator or two? 

Thanks so much for reading and sticking with me through this wonky year. I'm happy to be back to posting regularly and I look forward to having more wonderful books and knowledge to share with you in the coming years. I'll have some good news to share with you on Friday so be sure to come back again. See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts