July 2019 Book Notes: Miralee Ferrell

 I've never mentioned it, I don't think, but I get a lot of free books through Bookbub emails. I get more than I can actually read within any kind of foreseeable time frame. *wry laugh* But I'm making a valiant effort. This week's book review is an Inspirational Romance by Miralee Ferrell. Read on to check out my review.


Book Review: Blowing on Dandelions by Miralee Ferrell

 

Blowing on Dandelions (Love Blossoms in Oregon, #1)

Blowing on Dandelions by Miralee Ferrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Blowing on Dandelions" interested me because both the hero and heroine had lost their spouses unexpectedly. Each had monumental hurdles to overcome in their own lives which were compounded by new conflicts that kept popping up. Kudos to Miralee Ferrell for keeping me guessing on how each of those would play out in the end. :)
Another positive sell for me was the focus on proper etiquette between males and females and how the characters dealt with those boundaries in their own ways. I know many romance readers would scoff at the heroine's manners and her desire to stay within the bounds of her own moral system. To me, that shows a strength of character I admire. There are times to throw caution to the wind and this woman seemed to know the proper times to do so. She also recognized her weaknesses and failures and wasn't afraid to own up to them with her daughter, another point in her favor.
I gave it four stars because I don't think this is one I'd go back to again and again. Otherwise, I thought it was good. This is a clean, inspirational romance and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading that sort of book. I'd also recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical romance and western romance, though the hero in this one is a blacksmith, not a cowboy. Why not give it a try?

View all my reviews

I'm happy this is one of my longer reviews. I waited a while to write it so I guess I had time to think over my opinion of the content. I hope you'll give this one a try if it's a genre you generally like or if you've been thinking of trying something new.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts