May 2019 Book Notes: S.D. Whitefeather

 Poetry really isn't my thing, though I do try to read it from time to time. I've written song lyrics before and while they are similar, they're not the same. I admire people who can do it and those who aren't afraid to share those pieces of their soul. Read on to check out my review of S.D. Whitefeather's poetry collection. (It's the first book I won in April.)


Book Review: Through the Fire by S.D. Whitefeather

 

Through the Fire

Through the Fire by SD Whitefeather
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not usually found reading poetry collections. I pick one up every now and again. I just happened to try my hand at a giveaway and won this one. I was blown away by the heartfelt, raw, emotion in each poem. Shannon Dobson takes the reader on a walk through some of the toughest trials of her life and I don't think you'll walk away unchanged. We all need to know we're not alone in the struggle that is life. I appreciate people like Shannon who are willing to tell their stories so others can have that encouragement to keep going.
As I said at the beginning, I'm no expert on poetry. I just know what I like and I liked this collection of poems. If you love poetry and/or you aren't afraid to try something new, please give this one a try.

View all my reviews

 I know this is a short review but like I said, poetry is practically an unknown for me. I do highly recommend it for anyone who is struggling through a tough time, anyone who enjoys reading modern poetry, and anyone who is into supporting indies.

Please remember, too, that when you read a book by an indie author, your review becomes so very important for others to find their work. Word of mouth works well, but in smaller circles. So however you can share, please do spread the love about the work indies like S.D. Whitefeather are doing.

Thanks so much for reading today!

Comments

Popular Posts