Milestones & A New Book

How do you feel about tattoos? I've always loved them since I first discovered they existed years ago. They fascinated me, much to the current dismay of my grandmother and several of my friends. I have to grin at that, though. Surely they know me well enough by now that me having them should be no surprise.

Anyway, if you follow me on Instagram, then you know that I've shared about a group of special people who did a lot to help me stay sane when our family was practically forced to stay in a place we didn't enjoy. I wanted to create something that would mark that milestone in my life and honor those special people and their encouragement, laughter, and support.

So I came up with the most horrible rendition of a Sailor Jerry tattoo of a jack. Then I handed it over to Tyler at Typhoon Tattoos and asked him to make it better, which he did. My oldest daughter was the first to try it out. Then I got mine just a little over a week ago after waiting ten long years to get another tattoo. That counts as a milestone, I think. :D I'm so happy with it and can't wait to get my next one.

Finally getting my second tattoo after waiting 10 years

The Fighting Jacks, well, almost all of us.
Photo by JD Kittles Creative Digital

'Nightvision: Twilight Shadows' by C.H. Knyght

I'm so excited to finally purchase this book, written by an online friend who's artwork (click here to check it out on DeviantArt) has always been a bright spot in my day. I knew it was out there but there are so many writing craft books I'm trying to purchase. I feel like I'm years behind all the other authors in my genre and need those to catch up.

So I finally purchased C.H. Knyght's book, the first in The Mother's Realm series, and you can expect to read my review in January 2nd's book review blog post. Until then, why not check it out for yourself, here on Amazon or here on Goodreads? She could really use some more reviews on it and if you enjoy reading fantasy, you won't be disappointed.

I was so excited to be added to her list of ARC readers for book two and this was the main reason I wanted to hurry and read Nightvision Twilight Shadows. I'm not sure how many ARC readers she has lined up, but if you think you might be interested in finding out, here's her IG post on that. While you're there, why not follow her work?

Oh, and just to be clear, she isn't paying me to promo for her, nor am I receiving any pay or perks for any clicks. I'm just trying to pay it forward.

Comments

Popular Posts