Book Notes: Merry Christmas! Holiday Edtion Book Review: "The Tale of the Three Trees" by Angela Elwell Hunt

I can't wait to share this book with you!

This is the second book that my family always reads before opening gifts on Christmas day. I can never make it through without crying. Last Christmas, before I even opened the cover, my son held out his hand and took over the reading for me. That, too, is enough to make me tear up since he's not particularly fond of reading. :)


The Tale of Three TreesThe Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely love this modern fairytale-ish retelling of the birth of the Messiah. The first time I read it, I sobbed. It's become a tradition to read this book and one other before we open gifts on Christmas morning. Though we've been doing it for several years now, I still can't make it through without crying enough to make it difficult to read aloud. Last year, my son took over the reading for me. But that is a joy for me. To pass the reading of this book on to future generations would make me very happy indeed.
The tale is told from the perspective of three trees growing on a hilltop. The story follows their lives as they are used by God to do many great things that may not seem so great at first. It's a great way to open family discussion about the real Bible stories mentioned in the book.
I'd recommend it to any family who focuses on the birth of the Messiah at this time of year.


Christmas Isn't Complete Without Music




Comments

Popular Posts