Book Notes: Happy Christmas Eve - Holiday Edition Book Review of 'The Cajun Night Before Christmas' by Trosclair

Happy Christmas Eve, y'all!

I want to share some of my special family traditions with y'all this week. The first is this book review of The Cajun Night Before Christmas which I read to my family complete with proper Cajun accent. The second one, I'll be posting tomorrow.

Book Review: The Cajun Night Before Christmas by Trosclair


Cajun Night Before Christmas®Cajun Night Before Christmas® by Howard Jacobs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely love reading this book aloud to my family. And even though they're all beyond being read aloud to, my kids still love hearing me read it in my native tongue. I have to laugh a bit, though, because there's actually very little French blood in me. I was just raised in the Louisiana Cajun Country so I can speak with accent pretty well.
Having said that, for a non-native, some of the spelling in this one might present a challenge when reading it aloud. If the audio book exists, you might find that fun to listen to. But definitely give this one a go, if for no other reason than to present cultural differences to your children. It's excellent for fun and for teaching how different cultures view and celebrate the holidays.
My personal favorite part is where Santa calls his alligators to pull the skiff. My second part is the description of Santa. It's so much fun, you can't help but giggle a bit while you read. It's an excellent retelling of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' that you should definitely check out.



via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts