Book Notes: Book Reviews - A Double Feature!

I've got two book reviews for you today! I had largely stopped reading romance novels but since my latest WIP will have a little more of the romance element in it, I thought it might be good to study up a bit. Granted, my idea of romance differs greatly from the masses, so I still may miss the mark as far as anyone else is concerned. We'll see, I guess. :) Read on for the book reviews! They're short but I think they give just enough info to give you an idea of what you're getting into.

Book Review: 'Jaxon' by Alisa Woods


Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)Jaxson by Alisa Woods
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was pretty much what I'd expect from a good solid paranormal romance novel with the added joy of an interesting backstory. It's not my favorite genre to read these days, but if you love paranormal romance, then definitely give it a try. The characters are interesting and the other backstories the author only hints at are enough to keep me interested in reading the others in the series. I think my favorite character is Jared and I'm looking forward to reading his story at some point in the near future.


Book Review: 'Honor & Roses' by Elizabeth Cole


Honor & Roses (Swordcross Knights #1)Honor & Roses by Elizabeth Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this book for the way it rides the fence between medieval history and the fairy-tale quality of the plot. It was actually a lot better than I first expected and I found myself wondering what would happen next. I like how the plot played out. The problems the protagonists had to overcome were believable, as were the actions of the villains. If you love medieval fairy-tale romance, then why not give this one a try?


OK, I know I don't usually say much after my book reviews but something I want to add in, especially about the first book, is there is a bit more graphic detail than I generally want to read. Suffice it to say, the author is good at her job.

The second book is less graphic, or rather, there are fewer instances of it, or maybe both. I can definitely say it's not as graphic as the first book when it comes to sex. That's the reason I gave the first book four stars, too.

I love the underlying plot in these books, though, and the parts I enjoy far outweigh the parts that aren't my cuppa. Still, if you enjoy romance, why not give these a go? And if you do, don't forget to leave a review for the author. :)

Comments

Popular Posts