A New Nano Tradition?

As you know (if you've been reading my blog since the beginning), I originally started writing during my preparation for Nano in November of 2016. (It was actually October if you count all the preparation.) I thought it'd be a fun thing for my girls and I to do together. Being able to incorporate it into our home school classroom was pretty cool, too. I never thought it would light a spark that would fan into a flaming passion for novel writing in my heart.

When we learned there was a regional group close to us, we attended the kick-off event. Before we went in, my oldest daughter and I took a selfie. The following year, I did NaNo alone. And the kick-off event was out of the question because of a play we were involved in.

But this year, I encouraged my oldest to join me again and we were able to make it to the kick-off event. While we were outside, I asked my daughter to snap a quick photo of us once again. It would be nice if we could continue this tradition.

A lot changes over time. You can even see the differences in our faces. Two years is both a long time and a mere breath. In 2016, she was writing a dystopian fantasy novel and I was writing my first in a series of YA fantasy novels. This year, she's writing a memoir and I'm writing YA fantasy again. Isn't it amazing how life grows and changes us?


Comments

Popular Posts