It's Happening! Ripples Release Date!

I'm so excited! And I'm also super worried. This is my first piece of legitimate writing and the first time I'm publishing a book, not to mention doing all that stuff on my own. It took a long time, certainly. I put in a lot of time doing research on more topics than I can keep track of. But all my effort is finally paying off.  Read on to find out more and get a link to pre-order your own ebook version of Ripples!

Ripples Book Release

The date is October 4th (ebook) and 30th (print books). The place to buy is here, through Draft2Digital. No matter which ebook or print-on-demand company you go through, you'll always get the most royalties when your readers shop through those companies. (I updated the following because this post was transferred from it's original location at my old blog.) You can order the ebook now by clicking here.

I'm super excited because my work will finally be in print and in circulation. I'm also worried because I did it all by myself. There was no other way I could've done this on our current budget, though. And until I'm making a little money, I'll have to keep doing things this way. On the bright side, you learn a lot when you do things yourself.

For instance, I learned
  • you need to ask questions from the relevant parties rather than through friends, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.
  • you can't wait around for miracles to happen, though they do from time to time. how to be a better writer /and/ editor. 
  • how to create book cover art and how to stay on top of the trends.
  • how sharing your progress sparks new connections and conversations.
  • how digging for the right company really is best.
  • how digging for the legalese is worth all that time and effort in putting cover art together.
I learned so much more. I'll have to do a series on that, I guess. The photo below is also linked to Books2Read which will allow you to choose your favorite eRetailer from a list.


Comments

Popular Posts