Writer's Life: Homeschool & Writing

7/22/2020 - Update: I compiled all these snippets from my August posts to kind of give an idea of what it's like to juggle homeschooling and writing. It's not easy, but we just work at it.



8/25/2018 - I've been keeping busy lately trying to get our school year planned out in a way that will also allow me to continue writing. I'm also going to try blogging in a new way. With our trip to Texas last weekend, I wasn't able to prep as well as I wanted to. But I'm still going to attempt to get things done and get into my new routine as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to what this school year will bring for our home school and my writing.

8/27/2018 - So our first day of school was not without its hitches. Our main school computer choked while trying to load the programs needed for the youngest. :/ I'm not sure whether we'll have to replace the processor or the whole machine. <sigh>

8/29/2018 - Of course, the first week of school is always ripe for problems. So far, the school computer has choked twice resulting in us being behind already. Because of that, I had to improvise which meant more hours were cut from my day. I finally got to get back to that line edit of Ripples last night. It's such slow going, though, that I'm even doubting whether it really will be ready to go on October 1st. /Cue Lady Felicia's scream/ (She's from the Father Brown Mysteries which is a great show.) I have managed to keep up with the photo challenge and at least one of us is not behind. So there are some positive things to focus on. And we keep going...

8/30/2018 - It's been a harrowing week, I must say. I already knew the first week of school would be somewhat 'terrible'. Getting used to a new schedule is difficult at the best of times. But doing that when you have a brain that scatters in five directions at once makes it even more difficult to multi-task. I'm working it, though. I can't give up when I'm so close to completing this project!

9/4/2018 - I was so excited to mark a major part of my project DONE that I totally skipped the planned post for yesterday. Our weekend was pleasantly busy, filled with family and activity as it was. Friday was our day off (home-school) instead of Monday and we truly enjoyed it. I can tell you more about it in tomorrow's post, perhaps.


Comments

Popular Posts