Writer's Life - What's Going On Now?

7/16/2018 - I've been in a slump for two weeks. It's terrible and it's a recurring theme. I don't want to stop writing so I need to pick it back up, even if I don't feel like it. And I need to work on my maps some more. I feel like there's more I can do to make them more of a match to the story. But map-making isn't writing and I need to write. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers because I'm having a tough time right now.

Big Decisions - No Scoffing Allowed

I've decided to cut back my morning coffee to two cups instead of drinking four. I think it's time for some drastic changes in the way I do things. I just hope I can stay determined. I've done this before but went back to drinking four cups. I've also switched to drinking my coffee black for a while. But I really enjoy adding honey and cashew milk... So I'll cut back to two cups again. We'll see how it goes.

I also need to be more active. I sit in my chair for such long stretches of time that it can't possibly be healthy. So I'll be looking for ways to incorporate more movement into my day. It's at this time that I must say I miss having my phone. I can no longer keep track of my steps every day, nor can I trace my activity level. I could get a fit-bit, but they are rather expensive and I still have things I need to purchase to get my book ready to publish in October, as well as some of our home school curriculum. I'll just have to manage without. But I'm determined to do what I can to improve my health. We'll see how it goes...how it ALL goes.

7/24/2018

Upcoming Trials and Hinderances

School is right around the corner. For those new to the blog, I teach my children at home and this year will be more of a challenge than ever. I'll do my best to plan posts ahead of time so my readers will have something to read. But at least you'll all know why a post is missing, if that happens. (It will probably happen. Just saying...) Their education should come first. This will also mean I have to learn a new schedule to fit our new curriculum. "Challenge" may be better expressed as "boss level."

7/25/2018

More GDP Info

Mail Chimp is the site I use for my newsletter. They have their own GDPR compliance forms which makes it easier for me. To sign up for my newsletter, you must use the pop up box or the form in the footer. If you have a pop-up blocker installed, scroll to the bottom of any page on my site to use the sign up form. I will no longer be signing up individual email addresses myself. Not only do I not have the time, I want both you, The Subscriber, and me, The Author, to be protected. My wish is for everyone who visits this site to enjoy their time here. Thanks for your support! Read on to see my responses to Monday and Tuesday's challenges.

Well, it's about time for me to get down to work. Although, today's work will be focused once again more on home school things. I haven't revised or edited or anything like that for the past two days! But I'll be back at it soon. Thanks for reading! Oh! And if you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, please do so. I'll have something special for those folks. It goes out August 1st!


7/30/2018 - This month just flew by!  I'm not really ready for August just yet. School planning is finally underway and I'm tossing around the idea of getting my school blog going again. I will probably post weekly there. I don't think I could post daily on both blogs. Do any of you have more than one blog or vlog which you update daily? How many of you have a family, too? And of those, how many teach your children at home? (These are rhetorical questions. Please do not raise your hands. :D )

Starting on August 27th, I'm going to start scheduling my posts so I can write them whenever I have a spare moment. I hate having to change up the schedule that's actually been working for me, but with the curriculum change, the schedule must be changed to match. I'll figure it out. I always do.

Comments

Popular Posts