Rest & Recovery

Have you ever had one of those days that just took everything out of you? And does it seem like you didn't even do much that day? I have those kinds of days periodically and Monday was one of them. I took the day off yesterday to recuperate from Monday. What a blessing to be able to do that! It didn't seem like I accomplished much but I know I did and I felt so good about it all. I can't wait to share it with you!

The Newsletter! An Update

I was finally able to get into my MailChimp account and fix the problem. I can now return to my regularly scheduled programming. LOL Seriously, though, it's been months since I was able to send out a newsletter. And I think I want to revamp it. So I'll be working on that during the month of July. In August, readers will see the new and improved newsletter titled the same as my blog, for starters. To learn about the other changes, you need to sign up!

No Liars Here

I won't lie to you. Most of Monday was spent on writing that was not one of my novels: the newsletter, my blog, helping one of my writing friends, trying to make my site GDPR compliant... But I feel like that was time well spent.
Today, it's back to revisions on OLUS, which I'm looking forward to. After that, I'll work on the intro video for my YouTube Channel. If there's any extra time, I need to get back to work on my maps of Y'Dahnndrya. I have so much to do before October arrives!

What About You?

It's taken me over two years to get Ripples to where it is now and it's still not ready. I'm not disappointed with that. It's just not what I was shooting for originally. But I had no idea then what was involved in self-publishing a book. Now I know more and I'm so glad I waited. If you're a writer, what time limits do you set for yourself? Do you find you usually meet those deadlines? Or are you always going over? What do you think is an ideal time to completely finish a novel? For readers, if you really like a book series, do you get tired of it if you have to wait a while for the next volume? I'd love to hear what you think. Feel free to share in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts