Finishing One Challenge & Moving On to the Next

Isn't that what life is, though? Setting goals, meeting them (or failing and retrying), and heading on to the next? I love that authors keep coming up with monthly or weekly challenges. Each one offers a chance to try something new and look at my work from various angles. So here's what I've been up to since the last blog post.


Last Thursday and Friday, we had several appointments to see about and it's amazing that I managed to blog Thursday at all. Friday, there was no way to fit blogging in. And Saturday and Sunday were spent recuperating and just enjoying family time. I was by no mean idle. I did some studying up on my craft and genre and how to make it better. I worked on my style sheets a bit more. And I got a critique back from a friend that I plan to use for refining my short story.


I'm the worst when it comes to setting time limits on my work. My kids are growing up so fast and I miss a lot, even though I stay home to work. So this weekend, when they popped Wii Band Hero into the console, I jumped in on the mic. It's the only game I can claim competency at and I even keep it on the medium level. I really should bump it up to expert one day...just to see. LOL
It's really important for me to have down-time. I know this. I do. But actually putting it into practice is really hard, especially on a regular basis.


There's absolutely nothing quite like the flavor of loose leaf tea. I found this green tea on Amazon and I just had to take a moment to savor it after the first sip. (Nope. Still not an affiliate.) I've also taken a giant step and decided to try matcha. I was pleasantly surprised to find I like it very much. I can't wait to bake with it! :)


I'm starting a week-long challenge hosted by @erasmusthecoward on IG. Check out the account if you're interested in joining. The challenge is tagged #juneauthint. It doesn't have to be in video format. I just wanted to challenge myself to get my face and voice out there. I'm thinking of it as a sort of warm-up practice thing to prepare me for author-tubing later. I'll share my video posts here, too. Please look forward to it! :)


Comments

Popular Posts