Tripping Over Resources

I don't actively seek out resources every day for help with my writing. Sometimes I trip over them while scrolling through Instagram or facebook. I happened to faceplant on a gem of a class: How To Write A Fantasy Novel - Online Master Class. I can't find a link on their webpage so it might've been a particular ad for Instagram. Read on to find out about other resources offered by the same folks. (No. I'm not being paid for mentioning them or sharing their links.)

Helpful Resources From The Writers' Academy

Penguin Random House offers an online way for writers to learn more about their craft. There are actual classes you can take, The Writers' Academy. Or if those aren't what you're looking for, there's a page of resources, Writing 101, any creative writer might find useful. I thought I'd share my find with you guys today. :) If you like what you see and want to show your support, then don't forget to sign up for their newsletter. The link is in the lower left of the footer at the bottom of every page.

AuthorTubers! Check 'em out!

Also something I usually trip over...authortubers! I try to listen to helpful author videos whenever possible. This past week, one of my friends from a writing group just started up her own. Her name is Brittany Wang and you should go check out her videos. If you think she'll be able to help and encourage you (she's done that for me!), then you should definitely subscribe. :) Want to know more? Here's her intro video.


Some other authortubers I follow that you might be interested in are:
  • WriteHollyDavis - She talks about all kinds of things from author struggles to how she accomplished things.
  • Mandi Lynn - In her own words: Author, YouTuber, Dreamer!
  • Bethany Atazadeh - Writing Advice Videos
  • Just Write - A nifty selection of videos teaching writing skills through the use of pop culture
  • Emily Bourne - Shares her writing journey in videos
  • Diane Callahan - The Quotidian Writer - Videos that teach and encourage writers
  • Katytastic - All things bookish and fun! She's the first authortuber I followed, I think.
  • Ellen Brock - Novel Writing Advice videos. She was the second authortuber I followed.
And that's all I have time for today. Tomorrow I'll be catching up on the challenge posts. I got behind yesterday so there was nothing to share with you on that topic. :( Please look forward to tomorrow's post in which I'll finish up the #maylitwrit writing challenge!
Also, you may wonder why I'm plugging these folks. Well, it's sort of a pay it forward kind of thing. I'm not looking for reciprocation but I believe when you do good things, good things will come back to you. None of these folks asked me to do this or paid me to do it. I just think since they've helped and encouraged me, they might be able to do the same for you.

Comments

Popular Posts