Something to Look Forward To

I've started working on a short story which I hope to submit to some magazines. It would be so nifty if I could earn enough with my work to pay an editor. I really want to get Ripples into print but I need some revenue first. Right now, I'm reading Successful Self-Publishing by Joanna Penn in an attempt to learn more about the process of getting books out. So far, it's been easy to understand and concise. She urges writers to find editors for their work and I can't disagree with that. I catch mistakes every time I go back over my work.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I know my writing will shine all the brighter for having a different set of eyes check it over. So here's to learning how to craft a short story worthy of selling. The only down side is that they may throw off the plans I made about the titles of my stories. They're all supposed to fit together to create a poem when I finally finish. I guess we'll just have to see.


Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I got to do what I love: sit and read and relax. And I got the most awesome gifts: inexpensive, big, jangly earrings and a much-needed book light! I also enjoyed visiting with my friends at church yesterday morning and enjoyed a delicious roast with root vegetables over rice and gravy. We had a small slice of strawberry cheesecake, some sesame mochi and some So-Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Cream for dessert! Yummmm! (Yesterday was a 'feast day' in the diet we're following.)

All in all, it was a lovely day and I'm so thankful for the blessing of having a good and caring mother who nurtured me. I'm doubly thankful that I get to pass that blessing on to my children and to my husband who is a constant source of encouragement and support. To all the moms out there, thank you for doing your best and working hard for your children.

Comments

Popular Posts