Progress Not Perfection Writing Challenge


The Progress Not Perfection Challenge is self-explanatory, I think. It's all about keeping your eye on the goal and striving toward it daily in some way. For day 7, we had to share a quote. Now, there aren't a lot of guidelines in a single word. I shared a quote that I wrote down in my journal. We were watching The Andy Griffith Show and for some reason, this one really resonated with me. Sometimes, we have to let something go to see and appreciate the true beauty of the thing, eh? (2-15-2018)

The prompt for the Progress Not Perfection 2018 Challenge on the 11th was "What I've Found." I've been reading some devotionals written by church fathers of the 1800s (general time frame) and have really found a lot. I chose to share this one because I think it spoke to me particularly and might help others be encouraged, too. (2-19-2018)

I interpreted 'room for change' on to mean 'change up the way you do things every now and again'. I've never sat down with a story outline and paired up tunes with it. Well, I did that on Day 16. I will say it made me respect those who create soundtracks for the film industry even more than I already did. It's time consuming. It's also physically and mentally draining. You guys keep up the good work! (2-20-2018)

I've lived for 42 years now [at the time this was posted]. I've done a lot and seen a lot. Maybe I haven't done as much as some folks. I certainly haven't traveled as much as I'd like to. But there have been many people along my life journey who have inspired, taught, encouraged, and helped me become who I am today. This photo is one of my favorite "family" photos. It was taken a few years ago...maybe only a couple of years ago, actually. My husband, who loves photography, gets the photo credit for this one but we all get the credit for the creativity of the shot. I wish I had more photos of the other groups who've helped me be a little more...well, ME. :D (2-21-2018)

You wouldn't think it to look at me but I'm a huge fan of Pusheen. So when I looked for a meme to fit today's challenge, Pusheen won hands down. :) The following is a direct quote from my IG caption.

"I don't think I can classify expectation as something good or bad. Rather, I think it's like the kinda derpy uncle no one in your family mentions. Sometimes it's useful but most of the time, out of sight, out of mind. XD Not really. I usually set my expectation pretty low and then I'm less likely to be disappointed. It's all about learning to differentiate between dreams and current circumstances."

I realize now that I shouldn't wait until the last minute to expound on topics, especially late at night. I see so many things I'd change about that paragraph. <sigh> *writer's life* Oh! One awesome thing is that my blog readers get to see the whole meme. IG cut off the last comparison. ;) (3 paragraphs from 2-22-2018)

Day 22 - Note taking always takes me back to my school days. In my case, my high school days. These days, I take down notes while watching tutorials online and participating in online webinars. It's nice to know you can stop a video to go back and catch what you miss. (2-23-2018)

Day 23 - This challenge has been the toughest for me since the prompts are so open to interpretation. I'm finding that I dig pretty deep on some and on others I just scratch the surface. I'm enjoying it all the same -- learning from the thought process. It's been interesting. (2-24-2018)

Day 25 - Day 25's #shareyourlinefeb challenge post is the true desire of my heart. And if you stay tuned for the next blog post (coming up as soon as I can fill it in and click "post"), you'll see the writing goal I want to meet with every bit of writing I complete. (2-27-2018)

The Slideshow!


Comments

Popular Posts