Immersed in the 'Verse!

I've been away for so long! My computer situation is not the best. If I have internet connection, it's sketchy.  November was just crazy with holidays and holiday prep insanity. And for most of December, I was away from home and unable to blog. Not being able to revise and update my story in Wattpad had me down anytime I allowed myself to think about it. Now, I'm just so thankful to be up and running again.

Newsletters will resume on February 1st. I finally have my first freebie ready to send out and I'm so excited. Please sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss out. New chapter updates for Ripples will probably be uploaded by the time my readers are able to see this post. (See link below!) Hooray! For that, I gotta give a shout-out to my awesome husband who helped me get set up again.

NaNoWriMo concluded on November 30th and I'm happy to say I made it over the 50,000 word goal. I also have a viable rough draft. It's ultra-mega-rough, though. I was so unprepared this time and now I have a mess to sort through. I'm not sure I like that part of writing. So I guess that's the most important thing I learned about myself. I'm a “planner”. ^.^

In the absence of a full size computer or laptop, I made do with my tablet, my phone and a journal. I started  prepping for my third novel, which may actually turn out to be my second one. It will probably be ready to go before the draft I finished for NaNo. I'm working on the world building portion of my planning right now and having so much fun with it. It's my favorite part of any story. I like to get “immersed in the 'verse” and hammer out all the little details that make a story come to life.

I think my weakest point might be creating a dynamic plot. My next weakest point is believable dialog. I tend to insert classical speech where more down to earth speech is needed.

For right now, it seems God has other plans for my stories besides hard-copy publishing. But I can and will continue to upload some of my work to Wattpad. The hard-copies will have extra goodies in them like maps, glossaries, pronunciation guides and notes of interest. I won't publish hard-copies until I can afford the editor that I want to hire. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Until then, I'll keep these hands busy writing down my ideas. That way, everything will be ready to go when the time comes.

PS... Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. After having an unplanned out-of-town trip to attend a funeral, our planned out-of-town trip for the Christmas holiday, returning to find my computer out of commission, and being hit with winter weather that caused a pipe to burst, we're physically worn out. God is always good, though, and His provisions never cease to amaze me. Through it all, we've learned a lot about how awesome our friends and family truly are – and a little bit more about what we're made of. Until next time!


Comments

Popular Posts