Finally! A New Chapter Posted!



Drag.........Drag........Drag.........The days keep going by and I feel like I'm trudging through a thick swamp trying to keep up with the things I want to do. Our internet has been super sluggish lately. I'm not sure if there are just more people working at that time or if it's something else. Whatever the cause, I'm frustrated by my lack of productivity online. And that affects my work output offline. It's taken me almost a week and a half to revise chapter thirteen of Ripples. It's really unacceptable and I've got to figure out a way to get around this sort of blockage. I'll do it because I've finally found my purpose.

Where Am I Again?

So for those of you reading through Ripples on Wattpad, chapter thirteen is now posted. (See the link at the bottom of this post.) The song heading this post is my favorite classical piece -- Erik Satie's "Trois Gymnopedies." I really needed to hear it today and it just happened to work well enough with chapter thirteen. So I did the proper thing. I shared it with the writing on Wattpad. I'm now working on chapter fourteen. 

Do You Nano?

And then there's Nanowrimo 2017. Are any of you participating this year? I had so much fun with it last year. I hope to be even more productive this time. I announced my new novel today and I'm really looking forward to putting words together for the scenes I've been jotting down over the last few months.

On To the More Serious Stuff...

Does anyone find that book quality is perhaps falling a bit short of the mark? Even in books published through traditional modes, I find it a little more difficult to get hold of a well-written book filled with words of quality. I don't know if my books will make that cut without help but that's my goal. I want to create something that conveys my thoughts and feelings in a manner that appeals to readers. But I also want to create a work that has deeper meaning, something where treasures frequently hide between the lines for those brave enough to look.

Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorite modern authors. I know I'm not alone. One reason is because of the depth of feeling she's able to convey in her writing. She writes about loyalty in loving relationships and takes love seriously. She writes about characters who are believable, who have gifts and talents as well as faults and weaknesses. I think it's amazing how she weaves daily life into the books so well that I can imagine what it must be like to live in that particular setting.  I'm not there yet in my own writing. Not anywhere near! But this is a goal I can shoot for.

Another favorite modern author is Francine Rivers. The way she weaves her faith into a story without being "preachy" or overly idealistic is pretty awesome. The first time I read "The Last Sin Eater," I cried my way through it. Such depth of feeling is far beyond my talent to convey...so far. But I'm shooting for that kind of writing, too.

I still have so much to learn as I sail on this ship called "Author." I'm looking forward to the lessons -- be they fun, terrifying, hard, or painful. One thing I do know is that forward is the only way to go.


Comments

Popular Posts